Monday, January 3, 2011

Fossil Rim in Glen Rose, Texas

The idea is to drive through the safari-style park and toss food pellets to the animals. It is lot of fun and we have gone through this park 6-7 times through the years. This latest time was really great because the animals were more friendly than usual, AND very hungry. Three of our boys rode in the back of a friend's pick-up truck in front of us, and the rest of ours hung out the windows of our Suburban tossing food to the natives.
It was all well and good at first, but as the taller animals came toward the truck and our Suburban, bravery turned into sheer panic. ;-) Thus, only Clay and Josh got to actually touch animals that came close enough to eat out of their hands.
This pic is of Clay (driving) feeding a zebra.
This is one of the first animals to come up on my side of the vehicle.
This Fallow deer was aggressive about it. Not the demeanor you associate with a deer. I think it was a Fallow deer....correct me if I mislabel these.
Josh was at the back window and was delighted to taunt this deer farther and farther into the vehicle. All his brothers had cleared out by this time. Notice the LONG tongue trying to reach the treat. Josh was laughing so hard I was certain he'd lose focus and a disaster would ensue.
This was some sort of goat. Once again, Clay was a good deal braver than I.

1 comment: