I took the kids on a two day trip to visit one of Clay's relatives' new home. They are in the Texas hill country, so it's much like where Marian and Jim used to live in Mesa, CO, with maybe more trees. We pulled the trailer with four 4-wheelers. The Lord gave us nice, cloudy weather which kept temps below 90 each day.
The boys killed a rattlesnake by the creek, and since I don't dangle a machete at my belt, I was extra careful for those "rattles." Then the boys told me that the rattles are NOT very loud, so I just started walking "loud" and stomping everywhere I went. ;-) Must have worked...I never saw one.
This is one of the many small barns on the property. The boys chose this because it housed the 4-wheelers very nicely.
Tyler and Abby by the creek.
Abby hurling rocks into the creek.
The long, long road.
That's about as high as the hills get...and they are endless. Because of the layer of granite/marble under the soil, the trees top off at a certain height.
Huh, verry, verry, interesting about the granite keeping the trees shorter. Not so thrilled about the snake habitat. I'd invest in a whole arsenal of snake killing weapons. I guess that's why Texans wear boots......snakebite proof!!!
ReplyDeleteCH